Marcos Orozco is not just a pretty face in a pair of tight-fitting Wranglers. The singer-songwriter-producer-arranger has lent his signature romantic voice to some of Tejano music’s greatest hits.
Marcos began his career in the 1980s with groups Blackjack, Powerhouse, and the legendary Fabulosos 4. But it was his time as the lead singer for David Lee Garza y Los Musicales that propelled him to Tejano music super stardom. His unmistakable voice is on the megahits ”Tonta,” “Una Noche Mas,” “Tu Boca Roja,” and more, which are still on heavy rotation at Tejano music stations and on DJ playlists everywhere.
Marcos talked with us about his time with all of these groups, as well as his solo career with Grupo Rebelde, and his influences and future plans. Hardcore fans will enjoy the rare tracks from his first three groups, along with some fine selections from his days with the Musicales and a few of his latest releases.
- Te Quiero Asi - Blackjack
- Alma Rota - Powerhouse
- El Precio De Tu Cariño – Los Fabulosos 4
- De Corazon a Corazon – Los Fabulosos 4
- Me Vuelvo Enamorar/Tonta (Live) – David Lee Garza y Los Musicales
- Tu Boca Roja – David Lee Garza y Los Musicales
- Una Noche Mas – David Lee Garza y Los Musicales
- Para Ti – David Lee Garza y Los Musicales
- El Taxista – David Lee Garza y Los Musicales
- El Hombre Que Mas Te Amo – Marcos Orozco
- Baila Morena – Marcos Orozco
- Como El Viento Se Va – Marcos Orozco
- Gotas De Lluvia – Marcos Orozco
- Costumbres – Marcos Orozco
- Pero La Quiero – Marcos Orozco
- Una Historia De Amor – Marcos Orozco
- Como Te Va Mi Amor – Marcos Orozco